Wednesday, July 02, 2008

three reasons i am the luckiest woman in the world

Right there.

This photo was taken on the day of Charles' Grade 5 Celebration. That's right, my firstborn is off to middle school in September. Seriously, how does that even happen? You can't see it in the pic, but the boy was totally rocking a nice new pair of Chuck Taylors. Too cool for school? Hells yeah, that's my boy.

So, school's out baby, and we are in full-on summer mode around these parts, complete with a trip to the cottage (and the promise of more cottage in the near future), kickass Canada Day fireworks last night, some outdoor concerts coming up and a whole hella lot more. Hope y'all are feeling the summer vibe too, doing what you love to do best.

In other news, can I just say I was pretty damned pleased to see Dr. Henry Morgentaler appointed to the Order of Canada? Can I? I guess I just did. I've linked to the CBC article for your convenience, and there's some more stuff there about the Dr. M., for those of you unfamiliar with the man. Just be aware that the article includes quotes from a representative of the Campaign Life Coalition, which may cause pro-choicers to bang their heads against keyboards and poke their eyes out with sharp sticks. Or maybe that's just me?

Happy summer, blogfriends. Let's tear it up!

1 comment:

vivian said...

How time flies! Your boys rock.

I almost cried when I heard the awesome news about Dr. Henry Morgentaler. It's about freakin' time he was appointed to the Order of Canada. He is a true hero to Canadian women.

Site Meter