Monday, November 12, 2007

Things learned or reemphasized at Great Wolf Lodge this weekend

#1 Bathing suits are the ultimate equalizer. It's true. When you're surrounded by hundreds of other people, all wearing some sort of swimsuit, you eventually become completely unaware that everything around you is wearing nearly- well, nothing. It takes some getting used to (there are a lot of hairy backs in the Niagara area - I'm not judging, just noticing) but after awhile? We're all the same. But um, for the record? e-L does not have a hairy back.

#2 Apparently, in spite of what I've claimed my (almost) entire life, I am actually a waterslide person. I love the water, I spent my entire childhood summers in a lake, I have no problem going off a diving board, I can swim lengths and do handstands and somersaults. But until this weekend, waterslides were not something I could do. After much cajoling by my husband and children though, I braved one of the biggest ones, and now, nothing can stop me. Maybe next summer I'll have to work on roller coasters. *shudder*

#3 Any place is the happiest place on earth (registered trade mark of Disney, yeah yeah, I know) when I'm with my boys. The hotel/waterpark thing is great, of course. But really, it's just about us all being together as a family. I'm a very lucky woman.

So all in all? 8 thumbs us from us. We had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

vivian said...

Sounds like you had a blast, bathing suits and all. And when it all comes down to it, outside of Hollywood, most of us are pretty average looking with imperfect bodies. Glad you were able to let your hair down. :)

Site Meter