Wednesday, April 18, 2007

random stuff

It's not often that I come across some stuff on the 'net that causes me to spew water/coffee out my nose, but reading this is some of those times. I absolutely love this comic, and I would like to thank the fab blog that inspired me to search it out: omg tuna is kewl. Seriously? Sometimes rocking the library lifestyle can be totally awesome. Wait, what am I saying?? It's always awesome in libraryland.

Next, wtf is Colin Firth thinking? And Meryl Streep? And Julie Walters? And Pierce Brosnan? Okay, the Pierce thing almost makes sense, cos really, what has he done for me lately? But honesttogod, do we seriously need a Mamma fucking Mia movie?? Now you know what, when ABBA made a comeback back in the day, I embraced it. I rocked the ABBA Gold with my friends in bars and at parties, thanks to movies like Muriel's Wedding and The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Classics, both of them. But that was back in the day. 1994. Shouldn't that wave be over?? Apparently not, and now big stars need to keep the wave alive by making a film? Oy. I don't get it. Am I the only one? Why won't ABBA die? And why doesn't Colin Firth do good movies anymore?

These are the questions that plague my very existence. Please tell me I'm not alone.

5 comments:

vivian said...

There's only one logical explanation.

Colin Firth must have sold his soul to Satan!

e-Lizabeth said...

I think you're right. Mr. Potatoface totally needs a new agent...hee

Anonymous said...

If you check, Colin Firth has - films completed

1. The Last Legion
(with Ben Kingsley)
2. Then She Found Me
(with Helen Hunt, Bette Midler)
3. And When Did You Last See Your Father?
(with Jim Broadbent)
4. The Accidental Husband
(with Uma Thurman)

Last year he did 2 BBC movies
1. Born Equal
(with Robert Carlyle)
2. Celebration
(a Harold Pinter play with an all star cast)

He is currently filming St. Trinian's, a comedy with Rupert Everett

Last year he also produced a documentary - In Prison My Whole Life that will show at Cannes this year

His short story that is in Nick Hornby's "Speaking With The Angel" - titled 'The Department of Nothing' - was made into a short film and won awards.

He has lined up:
1 - Genova
2 - The Colossus
(with Susan Sarandon, Ian Mckellan)
3 - The Meat Trade
(with Robert Carlyle)

Do you not find some of these to be worthy films? I'm excited by many of them. Especially 'And When Did You Last See Your Father?' But then I am no judge of someone elses tastes.

e-Lizabeth said...

Hmmm...anonymous, you're not my friend Melanie by any chance, are you?? ;)

They very well could be worthy. I've just been shell-shocked by the whole Bridget Jones' Diary thing, and sadly I avoid Mr. Firth's films lately.

Anonymous said...

No e-Liz, you're anonymous poster is not Melanie. I am, as you may have guessed, a Colin Firth fan though.

Site Meter