Thursday, February 22, 2007

things that make me go mmmmmmm....

So y'all may have noticed a new little button on my blog (pssst....it's over there on the right) It's Library Thing! I blogged about this little gem awhile ago but I just got around to organizing the beginnings of my personal 'brary last week. Very cool (and free for the first 200 books) and oh so social. I'm addicted and it just makes me want to be a cataloguer. Okay um no, it doesn't. Mostly it just wants to make me go buy more books. Mmmmm...book buying....

Okay and another mmmmm? Two words. Al Gore.

So last night I had the privilege of accompanying the lovely and talented Vivian to Convocation Hall at the University of Toronto to rock the Al Gore show. I'm not exactly sure when Al Gore turned into a rockstar, but ladies and gentlemen, there it is. Now, I recently saw An Inconvenient Truth and was duly impressed. Gore is an amazing speaker, he's funny as hell (who knew?) and damn if he hasn't contributed to bringing the sexy back - in a smart-science-guy-turned-politician-turned-smart-science-guy - way. Mmmm....smart guys... It was a great evening - an enthusiastic audience, some of whom paid over $200 for scalper tickets apparently, and even the train ride home with the drunken Raptors fans and drooling Auto Show dudes was entertaining. Thanks, Viv. Ain't nobody I'd rather hang with in TO.

And finally? Alan Cross - The Alan Cross finally has a blog. Woohoo! And? You guessed it.... mmmmmm....

5 comments:

vivian said...

oh baby! Al Gore and Alan Cross in one blog entry? What red blooded women could contain herself?

e-Lizabeth said...

Oh I know! It's just one big Al fest!

Melinda said...

Ooooh, I LOVE library thing! So addictive! What's your username, so I can look for you? I'm Frodoian.

e-Lizabeth said...

Yay! A LibraryThing friend! I'm e-Lizabeth on the thang

Barterzqgc said...

Make sure you are drinking mostly water during the day, and not water replacements, such as sodas, or juices. Please don't fail in this task. condition of the coin but the manufacture instead.

Site Meter