Sunday, December 24, 2006

...and His Name Shall Be Called...

Wonderful, Counsellor!
The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace!

But you can just call him Charles.

And he was born this day 9 years ago, on an afternoon very much like today; bright and sunny, no snow, and not too cold. Right around now, we were making the trip to the hospital just to get checked out. I was convinced they were going to send me home - so convinced, that I didn't even bother to bring my bag with me. Nah, they'll send me home and tell me to wait for hard labour. But they didn't, and about 3 hours later, Charles was born via emergency c-section. To this day I still get a lump in my throat and a feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about what might have happened if they had sent me home, or if I hadn't decided to go get checked out at that particular time. All the what ifs...

Thankfully, 3:30 pm marked the start of our amazing new journey as parents, at the same time the scariest and most incredible day of my life.

Happy Birthday Charles, my shining star. I don't know what I'd do without you.

No comments:

Site Meter