Friday, November 24, 2006

why pbs rocks

Because:

i) Tonight they showed Singin' in the Rain, which is - without a doubt - my all-time favourite movie. The little tap dancer girl in me fell madly in love with Gene Kelly. I was 8. This was, of course, long before I even knew what being in love was all about, but I did love him deeply. I cried hard when he died, because I always wanted to dance with him, and I never had the chance. I still love him, and I love that movie more than any other.

ii) After Singin' in the Rain, they had an episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus. This was my favourite show when I was about 10. And, it used to come on at 10pm all those years ago. How do I remember this? Well, we had a babysitter who used to let us stay up and watch it while my parents were out. This really helps explain a lot. Really.

iii) Last but not least, there is a PBS special on The Electric Company on Monday night at 9:30pm. Probably the most brilliant show ever made for kids.

So PBS? You totally get my vote.

1 comment:

Paul Amarelo said...

Orgunique™ products are manufactured from a variety of certified organic and natural ingredients for all gardening needs ranging from flowers and vegetables to shrubs and lawn. When applying fertilizer, the most important thing to remember is to read and follow the instructions on the fertilizer bag. Then there is Putranjiva roxburgii, which is a big tree but remarkably versatile to be grown as a hedge, and a shrub too. Maybe you don't recognize the name Sister Janet Mead if you're not from Australia.

Site Meter