Wednesday, November 29, 2006

oh it's always something

So today I had a "second interview". According to some sources, if you're called for the 2nd interview, you have a 50% chance of getting the job. Others say it's about 33% - as in, a 1 in 3 chance. Basically, if you're called back, they probably don't have more than 3 people that they're calling back. So it's a good feeling to get the 2nd interview, and off I went this afternoon. The interview started with me meeting up with one of the women who interviewed me the first time round. She took me to the woman who'd be interviewing me today, and I waited in the hall while she went in to the office of the interviewer. They spoke in hushed tones as I waited in the hallway. For the first minute or two I thought "well, okay, she's giving her the rundown on me, no big." But the hushed tones went on.....and on.....and on....and by now, I'd been in the hallway about 5 minutes. Which to me, is a loooooong time. Because? People kept walking by. And I had to move for them. And they'd look at me. And not really know what to say. So it was a little like being at the principal's office, except that usually at the principal's office there's a bench to sit on. Not that I was ever at the principal's office as a child - I was good - but you get to know what's where in school, right?

Anyway, finally the hushed tones subsided and I was invited in for the interview, by now, shaking in my seriously hot boots. So in I went, and it was awesome. This woman was great, we really clicked and the questions were answerable, and I think I did a good job. And at the end of it all, she wanted to offer me the job. Wanted to....but couldn't. There is a glitch with an internal candidate, so they need to work that out before they can make me an offer.

So really, isn't this just my luck? Like the CBC job where they loved me, had already called my references and were all set to DIAL MY NUMBER but then the funding got cut?

So y'all keep your fingers crossed for some internal candidate squashing. I just don't wanna be a bridesmaid anymore.

No comments:

Site Meter