Thursday, June 01, 2006

hey you guys!!!!


We're gonna turn it on, we're gonna bring you the power
We're gonna light up the dark of night, like the brightest day, in a whole new way
We're gonna turn it on, we're gonna bring you the power
We're coming down the line, strong as we can be, through the courtesy
Of The Electric Company! The Electric Company! The Electric Company!

So people YES! This is the reference from my previous blog post - from - IMHO - the BEST kids' show EVER! (sorry for all the caps but i'm emphatic) Come on - it's Morgan Freeman! and Rita Moreno! and Fargo North Decoder! Sesame Street is ok, but The Electric Company is ALL THAT. And if you ever get the chance to see any episodes, I'm sure y'all will agree.

So.

The skit is this:

A man shows up to the door of a house and rings the doorbell
A parrot says: "Who's there?"
He says: "It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink."
So the parrot continues to say "Who's there?" every time the guy knocks/rings the bell
And each time he says (more and more exasperated) "It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink!"
Finally the guy collapses out of frustration.
The woman of the house arrives home. She says: "Who's this?"
And the parrot says.......


"It's the plumber. He's come to fix the sink."


OK yeah, it's dumb but as a 6-year old, I laughed my arse off. And ok yeah, I still do, actually...

And Viv? Dahling, you are FAR too young, so I didn't expect you to get the Electric Company ref. I'm sure it was off for like 5 years before you were even born...you sweet young thang

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I've always been certain that I should have been born ten years earlier than I was. This sounds like some good s$@#! If I can get it on DVD, I'm all over it!

Site Meter