Saturday, April 15, 2006

that easter thang

I'm not a huge fan of the holiday - although the chocolate portion of it is ok in e-L's books, and I rather like being off on Friday. But it used to be that all the great messiah-related movies were shown this time of year, and what happened?? Okay sure, Charlton Heston's classic chest shots are all over CityTV tonight in the Ten Commandments - yawn. But what about the BEST Jesus movies? Jesus of Montreal! The Last Temptation of Christ! Jesus Christ Superstar! (how can you not love singing Jesus?) and Tommy! (my all-time favourite messiah - and oh yes he is indeed the messiah - and I ought to know, I've followed a few...) see there? A line from another great Jesus movie - The Life of Brian! It saddens me to think that so many of the networks are wasting their time with Lord of the Rings marathons this weekend. They're totally missing the point. For people like me who get their churchin' through film, it's really a shame. So, sing it with me now: "What's the buzz, tell me what's a happenin', what's the buzz, tell me what's a happenin'... - k I feel better now.

Happy Easter, and don't forget to getcher peeps on!
Check out A Life Less Ordinary for more fun!
Also, this flickr set of pics with peeps is very cool. And for the record, that purple peeps bra? Not as comfortable as it looks....


haha - that's really not me... as if there was any doubt...

No comments:

Site Meter