Wednesday, March 08, 2006

so NOT the target market

Over the past several months I've developed a taste for some extreme music. Not exactly *extreme* in the - uh - extreme sense - but in more of the "ummm, lady get a grip" sense. I can't explain it, but I'm gravitating to bands like Northern State (whose Girl For All Seasons is actually a good pick for International Women's Day) and artists like M.I.A. So. What's up?? Well, in a way I blame iTunes. Well, not blame actually - but thank. I like being able to check out the new singles on Tuesdays, surf around for new bands and find stuff that I normally wouldn't hear. Also, a switch from commercial radio to CBC (I've already blogged about the National Playlist here) and to the college (C101.5) and the university (CFMU) radio stations has given me a fresh new look at new music, which is cool. But how would these bands feel about a pushing-40 mother of two digging their music? I'm not sure. But if you'll excuse me, I gotta go download some Gorillaz...

No comments:

Site Meter