Wednesday, February 15, 2006

please...


...stop picking on Wayne. Let's focus instead on Mike Harris, shall we?? Just don't be dissing Wayne.

41 years ago today, our flag was first flown on Parliament Hill - a grand day, in my opinion - a country needs a flag of its own - not a hand-me-down one from some other nation. Puhlease. But, after the initial raising, it promptly went missing, that very first ever Canadian flag flown. Now here's the story of how it came back. Captain Canuck appears in honour of this occasion. (is it heritage day? flag day? do we call it anything?)

Unrelated yet very, very cool is this site for wicked mashups, something I seem to have acquired a taste for lately. Hmmm....could it be that I've always been about creating my own lyrics to others' tunes? I seriously think Charles and I could do some pretty solid mashups given half a chance!

And last but not least, February 15th is also the 40th birthday of my husband. Yep, the big 4-0 - and so happy birthday John. I love you - five. :)

No comments:

Site Meter