Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I will blog because...

e-L has chosen to come out of blogging hiding, if only for awhile. :) In the spirit of all those memes that are making their way around the blogworld, this one caught my eye. I think it's a fantastic way to get the blogging point across in libraries (near and dear to my own heart as you all know) but I decided to use this on a far more personal level, and list the reasons why I continue to blog, in spite of the state of my life right now. So...

I will blog because...

I need an outlet
I have something to say, and even if no one reads it, well that's ok
I can maintain a record of my thoughts and what's important to me at any given time -and I think that's important
I am always learning and I like to educate
There are so many fantastic bloggers out there to whom I owe huge debts for getting me started on this project in the first place. And although they'll never know me personally, or how they've inspired me, I feel an obligation to keep on keeping on, and aspire to even greater blogness

So. There we have it. And ok, since I'm already here, two more things that are worth mentioning. Firstly, RIP Betty Friedan. I'm not going to go on about the significance of the woman, her works speak for themselves. However, I do find it ironic, that in the same week, I also read this which is just beyond pathetic. Shame on you Julie Adam. This actually reminds of the big fight I had last year with Bell over their horribly sexist ad for Sympatico's view of the "inappropriate" female body. Now, don't get me started again...... heh....

2 comments:

Ann said...

Welcome back dear girl, you've been missed. :-) We need more blogs like yours.

Ann xo

e-Lizabeth said...

Thanks Ann. I blog, therefore I am.... ;)

Site Meter