Sunday, January 01, 2006

simplify...

...is my word/motto/mantra for 2006 and beyond. There is honestly nothing like several days of decadence, overindulgence and stress to put life into perspective. The holidays are wonderful, of course. And John and I had two fabulous days relaxing, being pampered, and connecting at the Millcroft Inn to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. And all was lovely. But there is a nagging in my brain that tells me it's all too much. Far, far too much. And simplification is in order for our lives, it's definitely time to make some changes. Nothing drastic, nothing ridiculous. Just some simple changes to be able to enjoy life more and stuff less. I was pleased that some of my inlaws/relatives honoured my request for donations to the Stephen Lewis Foundation in lieu of gifts. That warms me more than anything. Still, the 'stuff' is overwhelming. And so not necessary. Simplify. The word that fits. :)

Definitely looking forward to 2006, in so many ways. Glad to have had some good news about a friend suffering ill health - I know she's going to be beyond well just in time for some big fun this coming summer! A Who tour is happening! And work will continue to be rewarding and satisfying, and I will continue to be appreciated. All three of my boys continue to be the most wonderful men in the entire world, I can't even begin to express how proud I was of the two little ones over the holidays as there was no melting down to speak of. The bigger boy, well he had a couple...but I guess I can cut him some slack, considering.... lol

Farewell to 2005, and welcome 2006! It's going to be a good year. :)

No comments:

Site Meter