Tuesday, January 17, 2006

39...

...years old...as of yesterday, and so happy birthday to me. It will probably go down in history as the suckiest birthday ever. But whatever. It's over. Moving on now...

So I have this fantasy that involves moving to the US and working at a library because a lot of them seem to close for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and how cool would it be to have a holiday near or on my birthday?? And such a wonderful holiday too. ResourceShelf featured a link to Dr. King's newspaper archives - visit them here for more information and some amazing reading.

And still on the subject of birthdays, it's always been a source of pride to me that I share my birthday with the late, great and oh-so FABulous Ethel Merman I guess it's more than just a little creepy that she died on John's birthday, but I like to focus on her life and legacy as opposed to her death. And for anyone who has never heard The Ethel Merman Disco Album oh my but you're in for a treat! Actually this whole site is freaking awesome! I'm not sure what's scarier the Operatic Beatles or the Polka Disco Good god people, is nothing sacred?!?

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear girl however more importantly...how are you doing?? You mentioned on your blog you had a sucky birthday. So sorry to hear that. :-( I'm always here if you need to talk.

love,
Ann

Site Meter