Saturday, December 10, 2005

imagine...

I know I'm a little late with this, but it's been one of those weeks. I also find it difficult to collect my thoughts on the actual anniversary dates of emotional events - probably because I am so involved in the remembering - and it's nearly impossible to think clearly enough to write coherently. John Lennon's death affected me so deeply 25 years ago, and every year since. And every year I'm taken back to that morning when my alarm clock radio switched on and the first words I heard spoken were "John Lennon shot dead". :( Beyond sad. There were some amazing tributes to John's life and music this year; the CBC has some interesting stories, photos and video footage from the Montreal bed-in, in 1969. But one of the best musical tributes I heard was on CFMU. I'm assuming it was Emmett's show because that's when we were listening (as we were out driving from store to store, mall to mall doing some Christmas shopping) but as I didn't hear the whole Lennon tribute, and I never did hear the host speak, I can't say for sure. So hey Emmett, if you're reading, let me know! ;) Ah yes, doesn't everyone make a point of reading my blog on a daily basis?!? Uh huh.

I think that's it for tonight. :)

No comments:

Site Meter