Saturday, December 24, 2005

a child is born

December 24, 1997 - for unto us a child is born...

It's amazing the stuff that goes through your head when you're lying in hospital about to give birth. And not the regular sort of birth, with the pain and the yelling - an emergency birth, where the medical staff tell you that after having laboured for a couple of hours, that baby needs to come out - now - or else. I don't like to think about the "or else". But I told them at the time that they could pull him out of my nose if that's what it would take to get him out safely. Glad they didn't lol.

And so, at 3:37pm, Charles Hamilton made his appearance - a gorgeous little boy (It's a boy, Mrs. Walker, it's a boy...yep, more of the stuff going through the mind of a drugged up pregnant woman...) with a full head of dark brown hair. And no crying he made. I don't make this stuff up, he really didn't cry at all. But he was 7lbs 2oz of the most beautiful baby boy I had ever seen. And today he is the most beautiful 8-year old boy I've ever seen. He truly is a most amazing child with a unique outlook on the world and on life in general. His sensitivity and naivete, his sense of humour, his ability to "get" jokes that only adults with world experience are supposed to get - and so much more - these are the things that I find so fascinating about him. He is my baby boy. But he hates when I say that. :)

Happy Birthday Charles, my shining star.

And Merry Christmas everyone. :)

No comments:

Site Meter