Saturday, November 19, 2005

listening to you, I get the music...

I've just spent the last little while watching The Who Live in Boston. This is one of my favourite Who DVDs at the present time for many reasons, not the least of which is that this is the tour where I got to see them live for the very first time. I won't go into the heartbreak of not having been able to see them in 1982 (still bitter lol) because I truly believe that this 2002 tour was the start of something big for me, as unlikely as it sounds. And although I *wish* there had been more live Who for me in the past, I also believe that there is a reason I saw them 3 years ago, and that if I was ever meant to have a life-altering event, this was it. It's hard to explain the way my life has changed, the way the path I'm on has evolved since that night, but it has. And I am so very grateful for the relationships that have resulted, and for the turn my life has taken. And I know that there are those that would scoff at the very idea of a rock concert changing a person's life. And that's fine. I know what I know and I'm happy with that. For those of you who scoff, I wish for you to find that event which will change your life as you know it and set you on your true path. For those of you who *get* what I'm talking about, thank you. I know for sure that there are at least two who can share this experience, who understand and know exactly what I'm talking about; and this is the reason I watched this concert tonight. It just seemed so right.

So my entire family is sick. :( All three boys are in rough shape and I'm in complete shock that this time I've emerged unscathed. Well, great of course now that I've said that I'm sure I'll be puking my guts out all night lol. I mean when enough people throw up on you, all you can do is wave the white flag and say "enough already I give" and just wait for the bug to get inside you and turn nasty. But actually....I think I'm good. Whew. BIG whew.

No comments:

Site Meter