Tuesday, October 25, 2005

swimming...and running in the rain

I left work a bit early this afternoon in order to catch Charles at swim practice. I got there just in time to see him finish one length, and then the next time it was his turn I watched the whole thing. And he was awesome. Okay...well actually he's not awesome lol. He did a bit of flailing, especially toward the end, but to me, he was incredible. He didn't give up and I could just tell that he was so proud as he pulled himself out of the pool. I caught his eye the first time round and I think he was surprised to see me there - but he gave me a big smile - the 1000-watt Charles smile - and I know he was happy that I was there to see him and take him home when practice was over.

So the rain finally did mostly let up, and so I had absolutely no excuse NOT to go for a run this evening. So I did. And it was pretty good. But I do wonder if I'll ever be able to break out of the 5 & 1 cycle. Margaret tells me there's no need to, that I could run 5 & 1s forever. But in a way I'd really like to get back to my 5km times and solid running. Commitment dear girl...I'll get there, I know it.

Best line I heard today - from "My Name is Earl" (damn I love that show!) "Never underestimate the power of 15 beers, a little enlightenment and the power of Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock" Amen, Earl... ;)

No comments:

Site Meter