Tuesday, June 21, 2005

good heavens...

...nearly a month since I've posted. Not that anyone reads this to complain, but I guess I'm always amazed at how quickly the time goes.

So today is day number one with my new glasses. Yes, I went to see the eye doctor yesterday - a very nice man whom I saw only twice before in my life. Once as a child (I have only vague recollection) and once as a first-year university student with brutal headaches, convinced that I needed glasses for reading at the very least. But no, I did not, and the likeable dr. told me to come back when I was 40, as I'd need glasses for reading. So, after this lengthy introduction...imagine my surprise when Max and I trooped in to his office yesterday and he informed me that my need for glasses was a 24/7 kind of thing. Well, I guess not 24 (as they are not needed while sleeping), but you get the drift. Horrors. Me of the perfect vision, now quite farsighted. After the shock wore off...or rather lessened...I spent this morning in the lovely Westdale Optical Boutique trying on frames. Fell in love with the $550.00 pair (just my luck...I do that with shoes too...go figure) however, did end up purchasing a rather smart looking pair for considerably less. I'm happy, although they bug me yet. And I'm not impressed with the fogging action while having my tea this evening. But I'm sure I shall get used to them in time. And here they are! Kinda funky, yet practical - like me. hehe....

No comments:

Site Meter