Monday, April 25, 2005

The Unwatchable Bridget Jones

Unwatchable is right. Bridget Jones the Edge of Reason, we turned it off after about 40 minutes. I honestly don't think I've ever done that before - okay yeah, with Armageddon, we fastforwarded through a LOT, but didn't turn it off. Saw the end, blah blah blah, end of story. I was saddened by Bridget Jones. It was basically the same movie as the original, just this time she's all excited that she's got a boyfriend, and to my mind has set the women's movement back around 800 years by mincing about, agonizing over the relationship with her "does he really want to be with me?" drivel. Ugh. It was embarrassing and unflattering and offensive. And that's all I shall ever say on the subject, because frankly, it's not worth the time and energy.

No comments:

Site Meter